First Tee of Greater Richmond strives to serve as a foundational community resource. The Coronavirus spread has put shock on our society: no large group gatherings, no nonessential travel, and a stay at home order to encourage social distancing. Thankfully, the change in seasons is favoring outdoor activity and the thirst to stay active. And First Tee is ready to serve you should you need an outlet to get outside.
As this crisis remains fluid, First Tee continuously updates its staff with important guidelines put in place by the CDC, WHO, and other academic publications. While staying open for business serves as a community connector and gives an opportunity to enjoy the spring season ahead, it also brings strict new policies and procedures to practice responsible outdoor golf to protect our patrons.
OUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Thank you for understanding our need to keep the following policies and procedures in place as we drive outdoor operations only:
- Outdoor register use providing contact-free purchases
- Staff to dispense balls for each patron to limit contact with the ball machine
- Immediate return of range basket after use to staff for intense sanitation
- Picked range balls undergo washing with antibacterial disinfectant prior to returning to the ball machine
- Indoor restrooms remain open while staff cleans after each patron use. This clean includes wiping down door knobs, sink knobs, or any other contact point from the patron.
Promoting Social Distancing
- The 6-hole Par-3 Loop remains open with pool noodles in each cup to eliminate reaching into the cup to retrieve the ball
- Patrons are guided by the staff to refrain from removing pin flags and raking bunkers
- Patrons are required to use only personal balls on the putting and chipping greens
- No pin flags are in place on the putting green
LET’S PLAY GOLF, RVA!
First Tee acknowledges the current public health crisis and is at the forefront of ensuring socially distant play for our community. We will remain open outdoors at the Elson Redmond Memorial Driving Range (400 School Street) and plan to reopen The Tattersall Youth Development Center at The First Tee Chesterfield Golf Course (6736 Huntingcreek Drive) next month. Your support of our organization during this time is appreciated and we look forward to hosting the community in a socially distant environment. Should you have any questions about our current operations, policies, or procedures, please contact Mark Lynch, Director of Golf: firstname.lastname@example.org.