Tee Up In Gym Class
In elementary schools in our community and across the United States, many students are teeing off for the first time thanks to the First Tee School Program, bringing our curriculum to your child’s gym during physical education class. By teaching elementary students First Tee’s Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting them on the course to a healthy and active lifestyle.
The First Tee National School Program gives gym teachers and physical educators the tools to get started. We provide the training, junior golf lesson plans, and equipment.
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Show students that golf can be a great part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.
The First Tee School Program in RVA
First Tee – Greater Richmond is proud of its relationship with 127 local elementary schools – all Chesterfield County Public Schools, all Richmond City Public Schools, all Henrico County Public Schools, all Hanover County Public Schools, and two independent schools. At these schools, students in grades K-5 are receiving life skills and golf skills through the program. First Tee School Program is a school-based program in which elementary students are instructed in core values, healthy habits and golf skills by their own physical education teachers trained by First Tee.